Sexual Harassment

Arts, Entertainment, Culture • Celebrities & Public Figures
Sexual misconduct lawsuit against Fox News hosts
Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump for Fox News
Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump for Fox News Credit: The White House from Washington, DC / Public domain

Fox News's Ed Henry, Sean Hannity & Tucker Carlson have been sued for sexual misconduct by two women on Monday. The suit alleges that Henry, who was fired earlier this month, sexually assaulted, raped and restrained in a hotel room and threatened former Fox News employee Jennifer Eckhart. Former Fox News employee Cathy Are says she was sexually harassed by members of Fox News, including Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Howard Kurtz.

Sports
Washington Redskins staffers accused of sexual harassment
Washington Redskins staffers accused of sexual harassment
Credit: C Watts (Creative Commons Attribution 2.0)

Washington Redskins team staffers have been accused of sexual harassment and verbal by 15 former female employees and two journalists. The Washington Post reported Thursday that Richard Mann II made sexual comments to a female employee. He was fired last week. Also a video of Larry Michael, former senior VP of content, appeared where he talked about the attractiveness of a college intern. He retired on Wednesday. The Washington Redskins have hired attorney Beth Wilkinson and launched an internal investigation.

Arts, Entertainment, Culture • Celebrities & Public Figures
Judge rejects Harvey Weinstein's $19 million settlement
Former film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein in Paris at the César Awards ceremony, February 2014
Former film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein in Paris at the César Awards ceremony, February 2014 Credit: Georges Biard (Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0)

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein has rejected a proposed $19 million settlement for the women who accused former movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual abuse and harassment. Hellerstein stated the offer failed to compensate many of the victims who allege they were sexually assaulted or raped by Weinstein.

Hellerstein said: "Not every woman was captured in the same way, Your settlement would create inequality among all of those people.".

Technology • Games
Three executives step down amid Ubisoft sexual harassment investigation
Serge Hascoet
Serge Hascoet Credit: Ecole polytechnique (Creative Commons Attribution 2.0)

Ubisoft announced Sunday significant personnel changes related to the sexual harassment investigation the company is conducting. The CCO Serge Hascoet, Canada's managing director Yannis Mallat are leaving the company. The global head of HR Cécile Cornet would step down from her position.

On a press release, Yves Guillemot, CEO and Co-Founder of Ubisoft, said: "Ubisoft has fallen short in its obligation to guarantee a safe and inclusive workplace environment for its employees. This is unacceptable, as toxic behaviours are in direct contrast to values on which I have never compromised —and never will. I am committed to implementing profound changes across the Company to improve and strengthen our workplace culture,"

Technology • Games
Ubisoft announces internal changes after allegations of sexual misconduct against executives
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot Credit: Jesusbella (Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0)

After female employees accused multiple employees of sexual assault at Ubisoft, the company has placed the alleged perpetrators including two executives on leave and now announced a "structural shift" to change the work environment, make it safer and improve the accountability.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has stated that he is "putting in place a series of initiatives that will serve as a roadmap as we listen, learn, and act". Part of the initiatives will be the appointment of Lidwine Sauer as Head of Workplace Culture, a global survey for all employees, listening sessions, the continuation of the investigation into the allegations of sexual assault and other measures.

Politics • European • Germany
Germany criminalizes upskirting and pictures of accident victims
Bundestag plenar hall
Bundestag plenar hall Credit: Andreas Praefcke (Creative Commons Attribution 3.0)

The German parliament Bundestag has criminalized taking nonconsensual pictures under skirts or dresses. Under current legislation, it hadn't been illegal in most cases while under new legislations the perpetrators can be sentenced to up to two years of prison time. The same penalties will be applied to taking pictures and photographs of deceased accident victims as the current legislation only protected survivors.

Arts, Entertainment, Culture • Celebrities & Public Figures
$19 million settlement reached in Harvey Weinstein lawsuits
Former film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein in Paris at the César Awards ceremony, February 2014
Former film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein in Paris at the César Awards ceremony, February 2014 Credit: Georges Biard / CC BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0)

On Tuesday, the New York Attorney General Letitia James announced that a $19 million settlement had been reached in a 2018 civil rights lawsuit on behalf of multiple women against former film producer and convicted sex offender Harvey Weinstein.

"Harvey Weinstein and The Weinstein Company failed their female employees. After all the harassment, threats, and discrimination, their victims are finally receiving some justice," so James in a statement. The sum of $18,875,000 will be distributed among "women who experienced a hostile work environment, sexual harassment, and gender-based discrimination while working at The Weinstein Company, as well as sexual abuse by Harvey Weinstein."

Douglas H. Wigdor and Kevin Mintzer, two attorneys for several of Weinstein's victims called the settlement a "complete sellout" and said they were surprised "that the Attorney General could somehow boast about a proposal that fails on so many different levels."

Technology • Games
Ubisoft launches investigation into sexual harassment and assault claims
Ubisoft launches investigation into sexual harassment and assault claims
Credit: Ubisoft

Video game company Ubisoft has publicly responded to recent allegations of sexual harassment and assault against multiple of the company's employees, including community manager Andrien Gbinigie and creative director Ashraf Ismail.

In its statement, Ubisoft said that it had "started by launching investigations into the allegations with the support of specialised external consultants" and that "based on the outcomes, we are fully committed to taking any and all appropriate disciplinary action."