Technology • Internet & Web
2020-08-06T07:00:01+00:00

Twitter fixes security issue affecting some Android devices

Twitter announced Wednesday a security vulnerability in its Android app. The company stated the problem relates to an Android security issue in versions 8 and 9 of the popular mobile operating system, and that it doesn't have evidence attackers exploited the vulnerability.

According to Twitter, around 96% of all their Android users already have installed the necessary security protections, leaving 4% still vulnerable to attackers through outside apps accessing private data on their devices.

Pentributor:
Co-founder of Pendect, passionate about open source and knowledge sharing. Made in Mooca.
Card reviewed by: @christoph