Regional News • Europe • Russia
2020-10-16T07:01:13+00:00

Fire in Russian hospital started with a ventilator short-circuit

A fire that killed five people in the intensive care unit at St George Hospital, in St Petersburg, apparently started by a short-circuit in a ventilator.

According to Russia's NTV news website, the fire did not spread beyond one Covid-19 ward on the sixth floor, and doctors were quoted saying a short-circuit caused one ventilator "literally to explode".

Pentributor:
Co-founder of Pendect, passionate about open source and knowledge sharing. Made in Mooca.
Card reviewed by: @christoph